BRIGHTEN UP YOUR LANDSCAPING WITH PROFESSIONAL SPRING PLANTINGS.
Are you ready for spring? Do you know which plants work well in our climate? Do you have a spring planting design in mind but don’t have the tools to make it happen? That’s okay. The experts at Landwork Contractors have all the tools and experience you need to renew your landscaping this spring. We have over 18 years of experience creating beautiful gardens and lush landscapes for Westchester and Putnam Counties.
Installing spring plantings is a specialized and difficult task that needs the expert care of a skilled landscaper in the Hudson River Valley region. We are a locally owned and operated landscaping firm so we understand the needs and challenges that come with work in this area. Here are just a few of the services we provide under spring plantings.
Soil Testing and Preparation
Your soil is full of a million microbes, minerals, nutrients, and microscopic organisms plants need to thrive. Soil provides your plants with the main nutrients they need to survive. In order to have fresh and vibrant plants, you will need to make sure your soil is healthy and ready. Landwork Contractors takes care of your soil for you, including:
- Soil Testing– Before fertilizer or topsoil is added, our experts will carefully test your soil. The soil is tested to make sure plants are getting just the right amount of nutrients. You don’t want your plants getting too much or too little of certain nutrients, causing them to deteriorate. When testing your soil, we look for the following:
- Soluble Salts
- ph Balance
Buying testing kits and interpreting the readings takes time and money. Our experts can examine your soil and quickly determine what is needed for your plants to be healthy.
- Soil Preparation– After the results of soil testing, our experts will help prepare the soil to get it ready for new plants. They will carefully determine if you too much or too little acidity in your soil. They will also determine if your soil is low in Nitrogen, Phosphorus, or Potassium. These three minerals are the hardest working minerals in your garden. They promote healthy growth, strong leaves, and strong roots. They can also protect your plants against disease. Soil preparation includes
- Raising or Lowering the pH Balance
- Adding Appropriate Fertilizers
- Adding Top Soil If Needed
- Tilling Soil to Prepare for Planting
- Irrigating Soil
Adding too much acidity, the wrong nutrients, or too much fertilizer could actually hurt your plants. Our team of skilled landscapers will know exactly how to prepare your soil for the best results.
- Repairing Soil Structure- Sometimes your garden will have other issues besides nutrient and acidity levels. The texture and moisture of your soil can also damage your landscaping. Our team of experts will look to see if you are having drainage issues that might promote disease or fungal infections in your plants. If the texture of your soil is too light or too coarse, we will mix it with special soil to create the perfect place for your new spring plantings.
Perennials are a longtime favorite of many homeowners. With the right care and attention, they can provide beautiful blooms year after year. Perennials should be examined to see how they are growing and then cut back if needed. They will also need to be divided. As part of our spring plantings and landscape maintenance services, we will divide your perennials for you. For many gardeners, this is one of the most backbreaking tasks. We will carefully remove your perennials, divide the bulb, and then gently replant them to give you another beautiful season of blooms.
Choosing the Right New Plants for Spring
While you need to be careful to choose plants that will work in the local climate, our beautiful region is home to a wide range of gorgeous flowers, shrubs, and trees. Our landscape design team can help you choose the perfect plants to fit into your landscape. There are millions of combinations and choices you can consider for your spring plantings. Some of them include:
- Flowering Pear Trees
- Crepe Myrtles
- Ornamental Grasses
- And Much, Much More
We use only locally grown and sourced plants for your landscaping form the best nurseries in the area.
Full-Service Landscaping Company in Westchester County and Putnam County
Our team of experienced landscapers can help you with every step of your spring garden plans. We can help you design your dream garden, prepare the soil, tend to your favorite plants and much more. Some of our other services include:
- Deer Resistant Plants
- Sod Installations
- Mulch Beds
- Hardscaping Features
- Erosion Solutions
- Grading and Leveling
- Grounds Maintenance
- Lawn Maintenance
Crafting your spring garden isn’t just about choosing the right plants or fixing your soil, it is also about designing a landscape that reflects you and your style. Landwork Contractors is the perfect team for the job. We provide top to bottom professional landscaping and hardscaping services for your home or office. Contact us today to get started on your spring plantings. Call (914) 479-2537 or submit the make your appointment online.
Our service areasWe provide services throughout Westchester and Putnam Counties:
Westchester CountyArmonkBedfordBriarcliff ManorChappaquaCortlandt ManorCroton-On-HudsonJefferson ValleyLarchmontMount KiscoPeekskillScarsdaleSomersYorktown HeightsPleasantvilleRyeThornwoodAmawalkPurchaseMillwoodHarrison