Professional Landscape Designers in Westchester County Brighten Your January
In January, it’s out with the old and in with the new with. The team at Landwork Contractors can bring your home into the new year with some of the top landscape design trends of 2020. Through continual education training, our experts stay up-to-date on all the latest trends and techniques. Here are a few of our favorites for the new year.
- Add a Little H2O- Being near water is soothing and relaxing for your soul. Even a small pond or fountain can bring improve your health. If you can’t make it to the lake or the beach, bring a little bit of that relaxation home with your own water feature. Consider the following options:
- Babbling Brook
- Koi Ponds
- Bird Baths
- Reflective Pool
- Go Green!-Creating a composting area to your home increases the health of your landscaping and helps the earth. Compost is great for your garden or yard. Our lawn and landscape maintenance teams can help you create a compost area that doesn’t wreck your design.
- Utilize Multi-function Plants- Plants that have multiple functions let your home look bright and beautiful all year long. Try different textures, different sizes, and bright leaves. Talk to our design experts about plants that stay beautiful through every season. Options include:
- Ornamental Grasses
- Flowering Fruit Trees
- Go Vertical- You don’t have to plant everything in nice and neat rows. Use trellises and window boxes to play with levels. The variety helps attract attention and creates dramatic effects for your landscaping. This trend is especially good for small yards or irregular spaces.
- Be a Natural Foodie-Organic and farm-to-table meals are becoming more and more popular. If you enjoy cooking, consider adding a fresh herb or vegetable garden. Nothing beats eating tomatoes fresh from the vine.
- Increase Your Square Footage, Outside- As people have less time to spend outdoors, they are adding more outdoor spaces to their homes. When you add one of these hardscape features, you are also increasing usable space and the value of your home. Plus, you reap some wonderful health benefits from spending more time outside.
- Increase Health with a Private Garden- Being outdoors is a natural restorative for your mind, body, and soul. Adding a private, small garden at work or at work can give you a place to meditate and recharge right outside your door.
If you are interested in these trends or have some design ideas of your own, talk to our design experts. The team at Landwork Contractors is here to help you with all of your design dreams. Call us at 914-479-2537 or make an appointment online.