Professional Landscapers Take the Guesswork Out of Winter Lawn Maintenance
Winter can sneak up on you. One minute the leaves are falling, the next thing you know, there’s a layer of snow on the ground. Before winter weather strikes, make sure you get your landscape and lawn ready. The team Landwork Contractors is ready to help. Here are our top five favorite ways to get your home ready for winter.
- Pick Up Debris- Once winter comes, you won’t be able to see toys, hoses, or other debris hidden under a layer of snow. Picking up debris could keep you safe from dangerous slips and hazards. Items left out on your lawn can also kill your grass and create winter weather disease issues.
- Check for Drainage Issues- As temperatures drop, that small puddle or little leak can create a dangerous icy patch that could hurt your family. Fix drainage issues before winter hits to avoid damage to your landscaping and home. Your trusted landscaper provides professional drainage services. The experts at Landwork Contractors can help you determine where the problem started and prepare a plan to fit your needs and your budget.
- Protect from Autumn Pests- Seeing deer and rabbits along the countryside is a joy but not when they are wreaking havoc on your landscaping. Get your professional landscaping team to wrap plants and trees in deer netting before winter to keep them from nibbling on your landscaping.
- Remove Leaves- Autumn leaves are beautiful but they should not be left overflowing on your lawn. A heavy layer of leaves will increase the chance of infection, disease, and mold. Those leaves can also create a slick spot on your lawn. Avoid damages and dangers by mulching your leaves into compost or have them removed.
- Insulate- Winter frosts can damage roots and trunks of more delicate trees and bushes. Carefully wrap your trees with burlap to protect against frost and winter weather to keep them beautiful all year long. Add an extra layer of mulch to your bushes and gardens to keep your soil warmer and your plants protected.
Be Winter Ready with Professional Landscaping Services in Westchester and Putnam Counties
As the weather turns colder, your lawn requires special care to keep it healthy and beautiful. Leave the hard work to the experts at Landwork Contractors. We’ll make sure your lawn and landscaping are in top shape before winter weather strikes. Call us today at 914-479-2537 or make an appointment online.