Craft a Warm and Welcoming Atmosphere with Professional Landscapers in Westchester County
As winter creeps in, a blank canvas of snow and ice covers our lawns and landscaping. Your views don’t have to be boring or bleak, the team at Landwork Contractors is here to help. With our help can transform your landscaping into the Winter wonderland of your dreams as you enjoy the comfort of your cozy home or office.
Winter Comes Alive with Easy Landscaping Tips
The Hudson River Valley is known across the nation for its beautiful panoramas and incredible grounds. You can create some of those beautiful views outside your window with these tips.
- Berries, Birds, and Color- The jewel tones from the berries contrast with the white of the snow, creating a stunning picture for friends and family. Be sure to include some evergreen bushes with berries for our feathered friends. Though many local birds migrate south, some stay behind through winter. Attract them with berries or lovely seed ornaments and enjoy the show. Be sure to place them away from your foundational plantings so as not to attract hungry mice.
- Holiday Displays- There are many winter holidays that you can celebrate in your landscaping. Christmas, Hanukkah, New Year’s Eve, and Valentine’s Day can all be represented with some lovely timeless pieces. The team at Landwork Contractors can help you set up your personal holiday display with wreaths, lights, window boxes, porch displays and more. These little touches can add so much to your home or office.
- Stunning, Colorful Evergreens- You really can’t go wrong with evergreens in winter. From their fragrant boughs to their gorgeous colors, these trees and shrubs can bring any winter landscape to life. Not sure if you want permanent evergreens? Potted options give you the bursts of color you need with plenty of options.
- Roaring Fires- A warm hearth, inside or outside, provides comfort and relaxation on chilly winter nights. The team at Landwork Contractors can help you design the perfect fire-pit and supply your firewood for the season. You can simply come home and enjoy the crackling embers while you sip your evening cocoa.
- Mulch- Besides providing protection and nutrition for your gardens, mulch is also a great design option. You can choose from many different colors and textures to add some spice to the bland colors of winter.
- Hardscaping- Winter is a wonderful time to add hardscaping touches to your landscape. Consider putting a brightly colored bench on the garden path. A gorgeous pergola or beautiful natural wood fencing are also great additions for your winter landscape.
Winter doesn’t have to be dull or boring. Call the landscape design and landscape maintenance teams at Landwork Contractors today at 914-479-2537 or make an appointment online! We can’t wait to awaken the beauty in your winter views.