Top Six Tips for Your Exterior Lighting Designs
If you’re looking to up your curb appeal, don’t just put a few lights along your pathways or a floodlight at the door. Go the extra step! Exterior lights come in hundreds of designs, colors, and brightness options. You can amp up your curb appeal with a professional landscape lighting installation in Westchester County, NY. Your home or office will shine if you use these six simple tips.
- Go Soft- Soft lighting around your home creates a welcoming environment. Pools of light are much better than stark, bright bulbs. You’ll be able to see your home without blinding your neighbors.
- Show Off- You love your home. Don’t be afraid to show it. Use ground lights to light up your favorite features like reclaimed wood beams or stunning patio pavers.
- Don’t Be Afraid of Cross-Lighting- Some features, like hardscaping additions, deserve a little extra attention. However, if you don’t place the lights just right, you could create more shadow than light. Cross-lighting helps you put your favorite features on display by using different lights at different angles. While it is difficult to get it right, the result is stunning.
- Recreate Moonlight with Down-Lighting-There is nothing quite so beautiful as moonbeams drifting through the trees. You can create this romantic effect by hanging fixtures high in the trees or along the edges of your roof. The light should be gentle and warm to give off a more natural glow.
- Focus on Your Favorite Features- Your landscape design doesn’t have to hide at night. Simply place lighting behind your favorite trees to create a gorgeous silhouette. Or, you can use ground lights to frame your favorite blooms.
- Let Your Design Shine- You don’t have to have complicated architectural features or large landscape pieces to show off your home. Your lighting design can take center stage. Create drama with layers of shadow and light. Play with different design techniques to show off simplistic beauty. Crafting a lighting design that is center stage can help you as you remodel, switch up landscaping, or install new features.
Professional Landscape Lighting in Westchester County, NY Puts Your Home in the Spotlight
Your home is your castle. Show it off with a little help from exterior lighting options. If you aren’t sure where to start, don’t worry. Landwork Contractors is here to help you create the perfect design and make sure each light is perfectly installed. Call us today at 914-479-2537 or make an appointment online. We can’t wait to help you shine.