Professional Landscapers Keep Your Garden Healthy with Expert Pruning Skills
The experts at Landwork Contractors have been providing precision pruning and trimming in the Westchester and Putnam Counties since 2000. Keeping your lawn and plants healthy and strong is a top priority for our team of experts.
Why Does Pruning In June Matter So Much?
Pruning is a major part of caring for the overall health of your plants. Here are some of the main reasons why we prune.
- Pruning prevents disease and infections.
- Pruning increases nutritional levels in plants. When you cut back limbs or blooms, it allows more sun and rain to get to the roots, which boosts photosynthesis in plants.
- Pruning allows your grounds maintenance team to make your home look neat and trim.
- Pruning encourages healthy growth by getting rid of limbs that rub against other limbs. The cuts that come from this rubbing create wounds that allow infections to enter the plant. You’ll also get rid of growth called water sprouts that can suffocate the plant.
- Pruning creates longevity in your garden by strengthening the health of your bushes, trees, and shrubs.
Now you can see just how important pruning is for the health of your landscape. However, it’s not an easy task that can be done by just anyone.
June Pruning Requires Skill
Understanding which plants need June pruning and how much to prune requires experience and skill. Prune too soon and you’ll kill the plant, prune too late or too little and you’ll lose blooms. Plus different types of plants need different types of pruning.
For example, some plants like the rhododendron can be easily pruned by just simply twisting the old blooms off of the stem. Other plants, like hydrangeas, require different care for different types of blooms. Is the bloom on old growth or new growth? Should you prune it after the first bloom or only during the summer months of May and June? Roses are similarly complex. If you choose the wrong type of pruning, you could damage the whole bush.
Stop and Smell the Roses, Leave the Pruning to Professionals
You don’t have to miss out on enjoying the beauty of your favorite shrubs, trees, or bushes. The team at Landwork Contractors is here to prune your plants to create healthy beautiful plants all year long. We understand the complex needs of your plants and trees. Providing the proper care for your landscape can be time-consuming and back-breaking work. Leave the hard work to us. We will care for your landscape like it is our own. Call us today at 914-479-2537 or make an appointment online.