Professional Commercial Snow Removal Keeps Your Business Safe
Winter weather can lead to some hazardous situations at your home or office. When it comes to winter weather hazards, the team at Landwork Contractors has seen it all. We have been performing commercial snow removal for the Westchester, Putnam, and Dutchess counties for years. We know how to keep you safe during harsh, cold, and wet weather. Here are our top tips for winter safety.
Create Clean and Clear Pathways
The slippery snow and ice from winter weather can create a dangerous hazard for anyone. Whether it is your home or your office, safe passageways are a must. To keep your pathways clear and hazard free, follow these steps.
- Remove debris. Fallen branches, nuts, rocks, and trash can create tripping issues on top of slick surfaces.
- Invest in texturized, non-slip pavers for your walkways. As Unilock Authorized Contractors, Landwork Contractors offers a wide variety of slip-resistant pavers that are built to last.
- Keep walkways and parking lots free of snow and ice. Snow and ice are the biggest culprits for injury during the winter months. Have snow and ice professionally removed by people who know how to do the job safely and do it well.
Keep Track of Your Trees
During winter weather, many businesses forget about their trees or trees near their property. If you aren’t careful, you could lose power or have a whole bough busting through your roof.
- Look for branches that are near powerlines. If you see some getting close or touching electrical lines, call your local power company for removal. If you are just concerned they might be getting too close, call Landwork Contractors to help with trimming and pruning of your trees.
- Keep a lookout for heavy snow accumulation on branches. Even healthy branches can get weighed down by snow and ice. Make sure you keep an eye out for bending, bowing, or cracking limbs.
- Protect trees from winter damage. Healthy trees are less likely to fall or break. Protect your trees by adding a fresh layer of mulch or wrapping them in burlap.
Look for Traces of Rodents and Pests
Pests like mice, voles, and deer can damage trees, landscaping, and electrical wiring. Keep an eye out for damage like gnawing, rubbing, or scratching. Keep them away by:
- Removing seeds or other debris that attracts rodents from the area.
- Remove hiding spaces by keeping mulch low, firewood away from buildings, and bushes trimmed.
- Wrap trunks and other bushes to protect against deer and rodents.
If you have any other questions or concerns about protecting your business from winter weather hazards, contact Landwork Contractors. We are here to keep your business running strong. Call us today at 914-479-2537 or make an appointment today.