You can bring the holidays home with a little imagination and the right decorations. The expert team at Landwork Contractors create beautiful, customized holiday displays in the Westchester County, Putnam, County, and Dutchess County area. Over the years, we’ve picked up some great tips and ideas that we’d love to share with you.
Use Natural Resources to Bring the Outside In
Don’t underestimate the beauty of natural decorations. No matter what your style, adding some live potted evergreens or real garland from seasonal plants. Try adding a beautiful harvest wreath, with touches autumn colors, indian corn, and wheat stalks to last through Halloween and Thanksgiving.
Make Everything Jolly and Bright
There’s just something magical about twinkling holiday lights. Put lights up along the trim of your home or create shapes on the roof. Add lighting to your favorite trees and shrubs. Line your walkways with tiny, white lights. Hanging the lights can be a chore, so look into calling in the professionals for those tough jobs.
Have Fun Again
The holidays bring out the kid in a lot of us. Don’t deny your inner child when you’re planning you next holiday celebration. Here are few ways you can celebrate the kid in you this holiday season.
- Get hay bales and create your own hay maze or go on a hayride.
- Grab Pumpkins and create a jack-o-lantern tower.
- Decorate your favorite fir tree outside with some favorite pieces from your childhood.
- Get out there and make a snowman with your favorite people.
- Create a fun wreath with your favorite harvest foods and old fashioned toys.
Evergreens for Every Celebration
Nothing says the winter holidays quite like fresh evergreens. That crisp, clean smell. Those bright green and blue sprigs. Brilliant red berries that seem to glow among the green leaves. You use these beautiful shrubs and trees all year long, let them shine during holiday season. Here are a few options.
- Decorate outdoor hedges and trees
- Add potted evergreens to entrances
- Use live garland along rails, posts, and window sills.
- Place holly branches on fireplaces.
Ready to get started on your holiday displays for your office or home? Don’t wait. Call the design experts at Landwork Contractors at 914-479-2537 or make an appointment online. We’re ready to make your home or office warm and inviting this holiday season.