Professional Residential Masonry Designs in Westchester, Putnam, and Dutchess Counties
Off all the new trends, outdoor living seems to be the most popular among homeowners. Last month we showed you how to create a brand new gathering spot in your front yard. This month, the expert masons and design team at Landwork Contractors are here to share some tips on creating a backyard retreat just in time for summer!
Crafting the Perfect Backyard Retreat
Everyone is looking for a place to get away from it all. What if that magical sanctuary was just outside your door? Here are some of the top tips for creating an outdoor space you can love all year long.
- Create a Cozy Space- It doesn’t make any difference how beautiful or luxurious your a patio looks if it isn’t comfortable. When you start your design plan, be sure to place a priority on comfort. You can create comfort by adding:
- Lots of shady spaces.
- Durable but comfortable seating.
- Soft and comfortable cushions and pillows.
- Side tables for placing drinks and books.
- Design Defined Zones- You can customize your backyard to have many uses. Design your space with different zones for different activities. You can create a shaded, secluded spot just for reading and meditating. Arrange your patio furniture to create a dining area near the grill. Add chaise lounge chairs near the pool for catching some rays. Defined spaces will make your backyard feel like a destination, instead of an afterthought.
- Don’t Forget Lighting!- Professional landscape lighting in Westchester County, NY is an important part of any backyard design. With the right lighting design, you can relax in your backyard anytime, day or night. Include the following lighting for a flawless design:
- Pathway lighting along stairs, stepping stones, and driveways.
- Cross-lighting on favorite features.
- Security lighting near doorways.
- Pool lights for some night-swimming.
- Add a Kitchen/Dining Area- Outdoor dining is a relaxing experience from spring to fall. Take advantage of your outdoor space and create an outdoor kitchen or dining space to enjoy your favorite meals. Consider these options:
- Grilling Stations
- Wine Chiller
- Outdoor Sink
- Outdoor Bar
- Brick Pizza Oven
- Craft a Private Space- It is hard to completely relax if you have cars rushing by or spying neighbors. Fortunately, privacy is easy to create for backyard spaces. You can choose a professional fence installation or add a screen of evergreens. A well-placed retaining wall can give you a feeling of privacy and transport you to another space. The design options are endless.
If you’re ready to get started on your backyard design dreams, give us a call at 914-479-2537 today. Landwork Contractors is the premier landscape and hardscape design team in Westchester, Putnam, and Dutchess County. You can also make an appointment online. We can’t wait to get started on your dream.