Just like your home, your landscaping and lawn are investments. If you want to protect those investments, winterize your home before winter settles in. Landwork Contractors has been serving the Hudson River Valley for over 15 years. We know all the secrets for keeping any landscape healthy through those cold months of winter.
Why Do I Need to Winterize My Landscaping?
Healthy lawns and landscaping are an important part of any property. A strong, healthy landscape protects your home or office from serious and expensive issues. Here are a few reasons why winterizing is so important:
- Prevent Erosion – Healthy lawns and gardens help lower run-off and pooling issues from rain. Excess water can contribute to the erosion of the grounds surrounding your house. All that water can create very expensive issues like foundations slipping, mold, decay, disease, and rotting wood. Grading and leveling areas of your home or office can help offset erosion.
- Prevent Pests- Termites, carpenter ants, carpenter bees, roaches and more are attracted to debris and disease in your landscaping. By keeping your landscaping and lawn tidy, you’re also protecting your home. Have an expert help you trim branches and mow lawns before winter settles in.
- Create Strong Growth in the Spring- When you winterize your landscaping, you create a strong foundation for healthy plants and lawns all year long. You’ll be able to fight against disease, dehydration, pests, and more with a simple plan in the fall.
- Prevent Mold and Disease- Unhealthy lawns create excess moisture and mold. These issues could also creep into your home, creating mold and health issues for you and your family. You’ll want to make sure you have a lawn maintenance plan that will keep your lawn tidy, even in colder months.
- Keeps Your Property Looking Beautiful All Year Long- Whether it’s your home or your office, winterizing helps keep your property looking tidy and appealing all year long. During winter months, you’ll be able to enjoy a clean landscape. During spring and summer months, your lawn and gardens will be healthier and more vibrant. During the Fall, you will be able to enjoy healthy trees and falling leaves without worrying about decay or disease.
If you are ready to start a plan for winterizing your landscape and lawn, just ask Landwork Contractors. We have over 18 years of landscaping and lawncare experience in Westchester, Putnam, and Duchess Counties. Call us today at 914-479-2537 or make an appointment online. We’re always ready to help.