Top Five Tips for Creating Vibrant Autumn Landscapes from Professional Westchester Landscapers
There is nothing like the vibrant beauty of autumn colors along the Hudson River Valley. From brilliant golds to fiery reds, the entire countryside comes alive with beautiful colors. What if you could bring that beauty into your landscaping? The team at Landwork Contractors is here with the best tips and techniques to help brighten up your lawn and garden areas this fall.
- Clean Up First- Before you attempt any new fall landscaping, you should make sure to start with a good fall clean up plan. Think of it as creating a healthy foundation for your landscape and fresh canvas for your design. Your clean up plan should always include:
By taking care of these issues, you can ensure your landscaping will stay healthy and be ready for new plantings.
- Protect and Color Your Garden with Mulch- Before the first frost comes, it is important to lay out a fresh layer of mulch in your garden beds. Mulch not only protects your bushes, shrubs, trees, and flowers, it also can add some beautiful color for Autumn and Winter.
- Bring on the Brilliant Colors!- Fall doesn’t have to be drab or boring. You can brighten up your landscaping with pops of color. Brilliant Mums are always a favorite and come in so many wonderful fall colors, you won’t know which ones to pick. Another option is adding vibrant ornamental shrubs and grasses.
- Add Evergreens!- Evergreens add so much to landscaping. Their tall branches can turn any pathway into a regal entrance. The fragrant scents coming from their leaves create a warmth that can turn any location into a home. They also provide privacy and lower noise pollution. Plus, they stay beautiful and vibrant all year long. Some options for evergreens include:
- Line pathways to create an intimate or more sophisticated design.
- Use as a screen along the edge of your property to lower noise and increase privacy.
- Use as foundational plantings to protect and add more curb appeal to your home or office.
- Add potted evergreens for the Holiday season. Decorate or trim to suit your design.
- Add Texture- While color is important, textures can also really bring your landscaping alive during autumn months. Consider adding:
- Ornamental Grasses
- Holiday Displays
- Hay Bales
A few quick additions and changes will transform your dull landscaping into a beautiful masterpiece. The design team at Landwork Contractors is always ready to help you transform any landscape. Call us today for more information at 914-479-2537 or make an appointment online.