Professional Landscapers Bring Green to Your Yard
It takes expertise, time and a lot of hard work to keep the beautiful grounds of Westchester and Putnam Counties looking luxurious. Heat, humidity, pests and sometimes poor watering routines can quickly destroy a lawn. Luckily, you can depend on Landwork Contractors for lawn care results. Our locally owned and operated landscaping team has over 16 years of experience in the area. We offer:
- Lawn Care Maintenance
- Installing Retaining Walls
- Pest Control
No more sweating in the sun or sore muscles. Leave it to Landwork Contractors, you can sit back and relax.
The main causes of summer stress on your lawn are heat, activity, and pests. Dry or even just hot weather can rapidly suck the moisture right out of your lawn. Constant use can damage the soil. There are a few ways outside of mowing to keep your lawn healthy and beautiful.
Watering – Taking care of your lawn requires watering. Here are a few tips on how to properly water your lawn.
- Water Early in the Morning – cuts down on evaporation and helps the soil absorb water.
- Water 2 to 3 times a week. – keeps lawns hydrated without drowning them. Grass needs at least 1½ feet of water each week to survive.
- Water Lightly and Evenly- Use some a sprinkler or spray system that will evenly cover your lawn with water. The spray should be similar to a rain falling on the ground to avoid soaking your lawn, not like a pressure washer.
Drainage- Water-logged lawn can create big issues. Carefully watch for:
- Sliding- Erosion happens, especially here in the rolling hills of Westchester and Putnam Counties. Installing a retaining wall can help prevent sliding and protect other areas of your yard while still keeping everything beautiful.
- Soggy Spots and Puddles- A soggy area of your lawn is inevitable in the countryside we live in. Make sure you have appropriate drainage installed to send water where it needs to be.
Traffic and Use-Playing, walking and regular use by pets can create big problems for your lawn, that doesn’t mean you should stay off of it. Look for:
- Impacted Soil- High traffic areas can impact soil, pressing it close together and suffocating roots. You’ll soon see dead spots in your lawn. Adding pathways or stone steps in high traffic areas will save your grass and keep guests from falling.
- Rutted Areas- Playgrounds or your spontaneous backyard baseball diamond can really destroy a yard. Consider adding some bark mulch to encourage play and protect your lawn.
- Pets- Pets love being outside, but sometimes they leave behind dead patches of grass. Be sure to clean up after them and try to keep them from returning to the same space each time.
Pests- Summer brings a lot of pests and some of them can ruin your beautiful green lawn.
- Grubs- If you notice strange brown patches, you likely have grubs. These nasty little things hog nutrients and The best time to start controlling grubs is somewhere between July or August. Use insecticide or natural repellents like milky spore. Also, keep your ground hydrated but not soggy, grubs love moist areas.
- Weeds- Crabgrass, plantain, and other weeds can creep up on your yard seemingly overnight. The very best prevention for weeds is a healthy, lush lawn. Thick grass crowds out the sun and the opportunity for weeds to grow. If you have weeds, the best way to deal with them is pulling or using non-toxic sprays.
- Piles of Leaves – Raking leaves is very important as it make yard look maintained and beautiful and it also prevent any opportunity for un-breathing areas on your yard. This may result in brown, died patches, especially where is a lot of laves and other debris from trees. If you have a lot of leaves, branches and other refuse to dispose to local landfill it is best to use a rolloff dumpster so you do not need to make multiple trips. Use this simple dumpster size calculator to pick the right size.
Bring Beauty Back to Your Backyard
Lawns are definitely a lot of work. They need regular care to blossom. Let Landwork Contractors keep an eye out for weeds, pests, soggy areas, impacted soil and dry or dead patches. Leave the work to us and you can sit back and enjoy the view. Call us today at 914-479-2537 or make an appointment online. We will keep your lawn growing green and gorgeous!