New York Landscaping Works to Clean Up After Winter
The snow is melting and temperatures are warming up. If you’re anything like us, you can’t wait to go out in your garden or lawn and enjoy the warmer weather. Before we enjoy our beautiful outdoors, there’s some spring cleaning to take care of. Landwork Contractors can handle all of your spring cleaning chores with services like:
- Landscaping Maintenance
- Hardscaping Repair
- Hardscaping Remodels or Installations
- Landscape Design
Our experienced and fully insured professional team will have your business or home ready for spring without you lifting a finger.
Winter Weather Woes
Winter snow and ice can leave behind big messes. Broken limbs, dead foliage, dirt clumps and all sorts of debris can be found as the snow melts. Not to mention, the incredible damage harsh deicing chemicals do to your lawn and landscaping. The ups and downs of winter weather can also wreak havoc on your hardscaping. It’s important to make sure to follow a few steps when you start your spring cleaning.
- Pick Up Debris- Dead leaves, dirt clumps, broken twigs fallen limbs and buried toys can all be harmful to your lawn. All this debris damages your lawn by:
- Stifling growth by weighing down grass and plants
- Blocking sunlight from plants, depriving plants of important nutrients
- Cutting off air to roots and surrounding dirt.
- Hiding pests, mold, and disease which can spread throughout your garden or lawn
It is important to thoroughly remove all debris as early as possible to allow grass and plants to grow.
- Take Inventory- Now that you can see your landscaping, take inventory. See what’s made it through the winter and what nee3ds to be replaced. Take special notice of:
- Hardscaping- Old concrete and wood can take a beating during winter. Wood can become rotted, broken or cracked. Paint can peel and expose wood to snow and ice, creating further damage. Cement or concrete masonry can crack under the change in temperatures. Now is the perfect time to take an inventory of your hardscaping. See what needs to be repaired and what needs to be remodeled. Landwork Contractors offers many hardscaping services and has an experienced masonry team on staff to help you create your spring paradise.
- Landscaping-Winter weather can also affect our gardens and our lawns. If you continuously walked a certain path through the snow during winter, chances are the grass beneath it is beaten down and possibly dead. Your beautiful perennials might have taken on some disease or damage due to extreme changes. Your annuals will need to be removed and replaced. This is the perfect time to start planning some changes for spring.
- Plot Your Yard- After you’ve cleaned up debris and taken inventory, you should start making a plan for your landscaping. Often when we clean or do an inventory, we notice new things. Take a moment to dream and consider these things:
- Bare Spaces- Do you see spaces that look bare or don’t quite flow with the rest of your landscaping? Take note of them, draw them in a plan. Start thinking of ways to make them flow better.
- Plan Your Space- If you find that your deck is no longer cutting it or your landscaping has bare spaces, you can add new hardscaping like fire pit installations or patios. You can also start to envision additional gardens or new annuals and perennials. Landwork Contractors has a 3D landscaping design tool that will help you see your new space before the work even begins.
Get a Brand New Yard While You Relax
Spring Cleaning often requires a lot of physical work. From picking up the debris and inventorying the decks, sidewalks, and gardens, it takes a lot of time and hard work to clean up your yard after winter. Landwork Contractors is here to do all the hard work so you can relax. We are ready to renew or remodel your landscaping or hardscaping. Call us at 914-479-2537 today to get your spring cleaning started. Or make an appointment online, while you shop for that new patio.