Professional Landscapers in Westchester County, NY Give the Top Tips for Healthy Landscapes
If you’re not sure what you need to do to keep your curb appeal popping in August, don’t worry. The experts at Landwork Contractors are here to help. Here are our top tips for August landscaping to bring your yard and gardens to life.
- Water Lawns the Right Way- There’s a right way and a wrong way to water your lawn.
Watering in the evening will increase disease, mold, and pests on your lawn. Watering lawns in the middle of the day means the sun will evaporate all that water. Water early in the morning so the water has time to soak into the soil.
Don’t feel like getting up early every day to water your lawn? That’s okay. Contact expert landscapers, like Landwork Contractors, to install the right irrigation and drainage systems for your home.
- Prep Your Lawn for Fall- Over the long, hot days of summer, large amounts of thatch can collect on your lawn. Thatch is that layer of dried grass, old grass clippings, and debris sitting on top of your soil. Before it’s too late, contact your trusted Westchester, NY landscaper to remove the thatch. Also, consider a good fall aeration to make room for new seeds in September or October.
- Defeat the Weeds!- Weeds can show up in cracks and wreck your patios or driveways. They also ruin lawns and gardens. Fight the good fight by removing weeds regularly to protect your landscape and your home.
- Protect Against Pests- Be on the lookout for slugs, snails, and other pests that can damage your landscaping. If you aren’t sure how to safely remove these pests, call your local landscaper for more help.
- Feed Your Lawn with Rich Fertilizer- Your lawn gets tired and hungry in summer months. Make sure you feed your lawn with Nitrogen-rich fertilizers. The nutrients in these fertilizers will help create growth while fighting off pests and disease.
- Refresh Your Mulch- There are so many benefits from a healthy layer of mulch. You get increased hydration, protection against frosts, fewer weeds, and less disease, just to name a few. At the same time, a thin layer of old, messy mulch defeats the purpose. Make sure you refresh your mulch and create a nice layer of wood chips that is at least 2 inches.
- Start Your Fall Landscape Designs Early- You don’t want too wait too long to start designing your fall gardens and landscapes. Getting your order in early for perennials and fall additions is so important. If you wait til the last minute, you could miss out on your favorite blooms.
Ready to Revive Your August Landscaping?
The team at Landwork Contractors is always ready to help. We handle everything from landscape design to hardscape additions. Call us today at 914-479-2537 or make an appointment online.