Expert Landscaping in Westchester County, NY Provides the Secrets to Healthy Lawns
After all your summer fun, your yard is in need of a little T.L.C. If you have brown patches or yellow spots, thinning grass, or bare spots, Landwork Contractors has the answer for your tired lawn. Aeration and Overseeding services!
What Is Fall Aeration and Overseeding?
Over summer months, dry weather, hot days, heavy foot traffic, and mowing can , causing brown or yellow patches. The ground can get so pushed together that it becomes solid. This is called impaction. Impacted soil blocks out water, air, and nutrients from getting to the roots of your grass. Aeration opens up your soil to let all those good things back in. Here’s how it works.
- Professional landscapers in Westchester County, NY, will use an aerator to poke tiny holes in your law. These holes help loosen up the soil and bring water and oxygen deep into the dirt.
- The next step is to water the lawn and prep it for new growth.
- Once the soil has been prepared, our experts will carefully overseed your lawn. Overseeding simply means putting new seeds over your existing grass. Lawncare experts often use a seeder that will evenly cast seeds all over your lawn.
- During fall months, the seeds begin to take root and grow. By the following summer, you’ll have a lush, beautiful lawn that will be the envy of your friends and neighbors.
What Are the Benefits of Aeration and Overseeding?
Why is it so important to aerate and overseed your lawn every fall? Fall aeration and overseeding create a foundation for a healthy lawn all year long. Here are just a few benefits of showing your lawn a little love with aerating and seeding.
- Increases Growth and Quality of Grass
- Lowers Weed Population
- Helps Prevent Mold and Disease
- Decreases Erosion Issues
- Improves the Strength of the Soil
- Protects your Home from Run-Off and Erosion Damage
- Improves the Color and Vibrancy of Lawn
- Improves the Feel of the Lawn
- Increases Curb Appeal
Are you ready to start your fall aeration and overseeding plan? Give the experts at Landwork Contractors in Baldwin Place, New York, a call at 914-479-2537. Or you can make an appointment online. We’re always ready to help bring your landscape dreams to life.